I gave my initial impressions of the new iOS8 in this post, but after living a day with it, here’s some reconsiderations and updates:
1) Battery life, for me, seems to be much improved. I played with the phone pretty steadily — mostly watching the coverage of the Scottish independence referendum — over the last 30 hours or so and finally plugged it in about at 18% power. Not seeing a dramatic change on my iPad Mini, although it seems to be charging more slowly.
2) On my iPad Mini, I’ve noticed a glitch that seems to lock up the Mail app if you do a bulk delete of mail. Not happening on the iPhone 5s.
3) The voice recognition is vastly improved. I’ve been using it pretty steadily.
4) The voice for Siri is much much more natural-sounding.
5) I’m actually using the Health app to monitor blood pressure, weight, etc. — but that could just be the novelty of the app, at this point.
Nothing else has particularly grabbed me beyond what was already mentioned in the first post.